Throughout the year we ask people across the UK to hold a Purple Party or event where donations on the day are made to APP. We need YOU to get together with friends, family & colleagues & hold a Purple Event!
Here are a few suggestions of ways you can raise funds & have a great time too! We’re sure you can think of other ideas for events that work well, so use your imaginations & let us know so we can add them to this list. Do let us know if you’re planning anything fun or exciting & we’d really like photos & reports of your event! We can supply party packs with advertising & raising awareness literature if needed. The money you raise will make a difference to the lives of people affected by Postpartum Psychosis. Email: email@example.com
- A ‘bring & buy’ sale – encourage anyone you know to donate something to sell at your event (clothes, jewellery, household items, books etc).
- Cake stall – ask friends to bake a cake to bring to sell.
- A quiz (e.g. pub type quiz, or perhaps get a baby photo from everyone who attends & see how many people can correctly identify them or pet photos to identify the owner). Charge an entry fee & offer a prize.
- A raffle, having acquired donated items from local firms.
- In advance, ask people to give you their favourite recipe. Collate them into a booklet & sell them on the day.
- A plant stall
- A games tournament – anything you might have room for – or a competition to see who can eat the most doughnuts without licking their lips, or the most dry cream crackers in a set amount of time etc.
- Incorporate a “silent” auction – invite secret paper bids for a particular item offered for sale. The highest bid wins!
- A sponsored event – a run, walk, dance, sing, silence.
- A “dress down” day at work – everyone pays for the privilege of a special dress code for a day, maybe it would be “dress up”, wear a hat…….
- A wine tasting evening – perhaps your local shop/supermarket would donate some wine. You could have a competition to see who can rightly label different types of wine.
- An auction – of promises perhaps? e.g. someone who offers to clean windows, wash cars, garden etc.
- A curry night at home.
- Spot the “odd object” – ask local shop owners to place an “odd” item in their window, charge a fee to enter the competition – a prize for who can identify them all.
- Have a stall at an event happening near you – a Fair, Car Boot Sale, etc.
- Take over your village hall or similar & invite everyone to take part in a talent show (your own X-Factor!). Charge to enter & perform & charge an entrance fee to the audience & who knows you might get to know your neighbours better! ….even the tiniest children like producing short plays etc.
- If you have a recreation field why not organise family It’s a Knockout type events.
- Village / town Bar B Q where all donate food.
- Charity rounders / football etc.
- Grab some friendly buskers & ask your local shopping precinct if they will allow you to entertain shoppers & raise awareness with APP literature stands.