Video: Waka Hasegawa playing Mia & Sebastian’s theme from La La Land, a deeply moving and special performance in aid of Action on Postpartum Psychosis at St John's Waterloo (video by Kat Grant).
We are extremely grateful to APP volunteer Benedicte Waaler who organised a wonderful piano recital by renowned pianist, Waka Hasegawa, in London last week as part of our Music4Mums awareness and fundraising initiative.
The concert, refreshment collection, auction and Just Giving page has raised a tremendous amount, over £3,000 to date.
Benedicte wishes to thank:
- Waka Hasagawa who is an incredibly talented and hardworking pianist (and single mum!)
– actor Katie Underwood who auctioneered off all the art and experiences (she was so witty and really made it fun!)
– the artists who donated art: Nadia Attura, Lene Bladbjerg, Daniel Mackie, James Tarry, Yo Okada & Kel Rae
– chef Yuki Gomi who donated a sushi cooking class
– the manager at Metropolis Studios who donated a tour of the studios
– APP volunteer, Kathryn Grant de Vecchi, who was absolutely brilliant, bringing lots of cupcakes donated by Butterscotch bakery, helping set up and clear out and giving a speech about APP and all along promoting and sharing on social media!
– and of course friends who volunteered on the night and donated beer and wine!
APP wishes to add its thanks to all above and especially Benedicte for organising such a high profile event so swiftly and effectively.