On World Maternal Mental Health Day, Wednesday 1st May 2019, APP invites everyone to ‘Sing, Play, Perform’ and support Music 4 Mums.
We will celebrate Mums with musical events all over the country, raising awareness of the need for adequate maternal mental health care services in every area of the UK, and raising much-needed funds to support APP’s vital work supporting women & families affected by Postpartum Psychosis.
How you can help
- Are you musical?
- Do you know someone that is?
- Hold a musical event and help APP raise funds to support mums and families affected by severe postnatal illness.
Plan an event in the first week of May
Start planning your Music themed event to take place during the first week of May, or on World Maternal Mental Health Day on Wednesday 1st May!
You could hold a concert at your local music venue, café, school, hospital, community centre. Organise a band night in your local pub or even ask your favourite band to do something to support us!
Some ideas for events you can host or help organise are:
Mums & babies music & tea party
Music themed school assembly
Street performance / busking!
Play along orchestra event
Open mic night at your local
Gig / band night
X-Factor style talent competition!
Sing-along with the Musicals night
Music themed pub quiz
Download our Event Organiser Factsheet here.
Download the Music 4 Mums flyer here.
You can also help us spread the word about Music 4 Mums and encourage others to set up their own event!
Tell us about your event!
- Register your event online here or send us an email to tell us about your event!
Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Facebook event and interact with other Music 4 Mums organisers and supporters!
- Take pictures & videos of your event and send them to us! Email us on: email@example.com
- Follow the campaign at www.app-network.org/m4mums
- Use the hashtags! #m4mums and #ActiononPP
We will send you lots of goodies to help support your fundraising activities, including t-shirts and polo shirts, balloons, flyers / literature / information on APP, as well as spare change collecting boxes, or, hand-held plastic change collectors. Please just get in touch and we will help support your event in any way we can! Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
How to donate the money you raise
- You can donate funds directly online via CAF
- Remember to ask your donors to Gift Aid their donation - download this form before your event and make sure everyone who donates fills it out!
- Or, you can send cheques to:
Action on Postpartum Psychosis,
The Barberry National Centre for Mental Health,
25 Vincent Drive, Birmingham B15 2FG
For more information, help or advice, please contact us.