APP was delighted to be awarded a grant from Mind and Agenda’s Women Side by Side Programme for a one-year project in Aneurin Bevan University Health Board area of South Wales. The South Wales ActiononPP project will help us to:
- Set up a monthly face-to-face peer support group in the Aneurin Bevan Health Board region, but open to women from across South Wales
- Train and support a group of South Wales peer support volunteers
- Network with other agencies and develop methods of engaging and supporting women with PP, particularly women experiencing multiple disadvantage.
- Translate our patient information guides into Welsh.
- Raise awareness of PP in the region, amongst health professionals and in the media.
- Support women who are recently diagnosed and recovering, women at risk of developing PP and women who may have experienced PP many years ago but who are still experiencing the effects
We hope that through this project we can build and support an active community of volunteers in the region to support women and families affected by PP and to work towards real change in how PP is understood and treated in the region. Alongside this grant, we will be looking for opportunities to train health professionals throughout Wales and campaign for change, including for a mother and baby unit.
APP will be looking for two people to work with us (part-time) on this project, if you’d like to find out more about the project, or to be notified when we advertise the roles, please email us.