We know times are tough for many at the moment with bills going up and the cost of living increasing. We are very grateful to all our supporters for continuing to think of APP and donating to help us continue to support mums and families affected by postpartum psychosis.
We understand that not everyone may be in a position to donate right now, so we've come up with a list of ways to support APP that won't cost you a single penny. Please get involved if you can.
- Are you a member of any clubs, societies or groups? Maybe a WI, Freemasons, Rotary Club, Inner Wheel, U3A or any other group or club (even a Zumba class, triathlon team or an art group)? Or perhaps you or someone you know is part of a University society – medicine, midwifery, psychology, fundraising/RAG, running, baking… Let us know! We’d love to make links with groups to help raise awareness and funds – drop us an email: email@example.com and we'll send you or them a free pack of info.
- Sign up with Give as you Live – visit: https://bit.ly/APPgiveasyoulive - if you register and make three purchases using them before the end of 2022, we’ll automatically receive a £10 donation. Plus we get a small percentage of every sale – and it doesn’t cost you a penny. It's simple to use and there are more than 6,000 retailers signed up, including shops you probably use all the time – Boots, M&S, John Lewis, Wilkos, Sainsburys and thousands more. If you’re making a big purchase like renewing house insurance or buying a new fridge, the donations can be quite significant.
- You can also sign up with Amazon Smile https://smile.amazon.co.uk and select APP as your chosen charity – again, we receive a % of each sale and it doesn’t cost you anything extra at all. All that Amazon Christmas shopping could add up to a big donation for APP!
- Got a birthday or anniversary coming up? Could you consider setting up a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser (https://bit.ly/fbbdayapp)? It only takes a few minutes and it’s a lovely way to connect and mark the occasion with your friends near and far. Our wonderful supporters and their friends have raised more than £4,000 so far this year via Facebook fundraisers.
- You could also set up a fundraiser on Instagram - super easy and free to do, just follow these steps:
- On your profile or feed, tap '(+)' in the top right of your screen.
- Select 'Post', choose an image and tap 'Next'.
- Under your image, tap 'Add fundraiser'.
- Choose ActiononPP from the menu.
- Add details in the Fundraiser details Page, tap 'Add', then tap 'Share'.
- The fundraiser will be visible in the post and you can find a link to the fundraiser in your profile bio.
- Nominate us for a Movement for Good Award - it takes less than 1 minute and we might win £1000 – simply visit www.bit.ly/NominateAPP and complete the form – no obligation to sign up to any mailing lists or anything either.
- Do you or anyone you know work for a company that has charity of the year awards/match funds donations/can nominate charities for funds? We have been successfully nominated by a few employees which has resulted in some significant donations. Get in touch if you need any more information about us for your employer.
- Do you own or work in a shop or business that could host one of our loose change collectors? Pop it on the counter and help raise awareness as well as funds. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Sell any unwanted goods on eBay – check out https://bit.ly/APPebay - you can chose to donate all or part of the proceeds to APP and there’s benefits for you too - donate 10% or more and your item will feature an attention-grabbing charity ribbon—it may even be listed in the Charity Shop. Plus, you reduce your seller fees and enjoy tax savings.
- Donate old broken or unwanted jewellery and old banknotes for recycling - Working with Recycling for Good Causes, we can recycle any jewellery – gold, silver, costume jewellery, watches, broken and damaged items (like odd earrings, snapped chains or items with missing stones); any unwanted banknotes from ANY country of any age... Simply fill an A5 sized envelope, print off this freepost address, send it off and APP will receive a donation.
- Recycle your inkjet printer cartridges and raise money for APP - it's really simple to do and we could receive up to £2 per eligible cartridge (plus less waste to landfill).
If you work somewhere you get through a lot of ink, you can get a free collection box. Find out more and get your freepost label here: recycle4charity.co.uk
- Share our posts on social media – simply retweet, repost, comment, like…. Every little helps us to reach more people, raise awareness of PP and can help generate funds. We're on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube.
- Got any other ideas of ways you can help raise funds without spending a penny? We’d love to hear from you! Email us email@example.com
Thank you for all your support for APP – we couldn’t do the work we do with mums and families without you.