Please help us continue changing lives affected by Postpartum Psychosis
- Become a monthly donor
- Join the APP Team for an Active Challenge!
- Axe the Alcohol for APP in January!
- Philanthropic Friends
- Fundraise for us
- Leave APP a legacy in your Will
Funded by Big Lottery since 2012, Action on Postpartum Psychosis has made amazing progress in raising awareness of PP and supporting thousands of people affected by this devastating illness, with truly life-changing results.
We have developed a model of best practice for training, supporting and working with volunteers. This way, we use the charity’s funds very effectively to make a real difference to over 1,400 women and their families in the UK affected by PP every year.
We need to raise over £100,000 every year to continue this work, grow the support we provide, and be here for all women and families affected by Postpartum Psychosis (PP).
Our plans over the next three years (2019 to 2022) are to:
- Recruit Peer Support Coordinators and grow our team of Peer Support volunteers to help more women and families affected by PP;
- Raise awareness of PP further among the general public and health professionals. To do this, we are growing our team of Media Volunteers - women with lived experience of PP who will be supported to tell their story to the media;
- Train and support more volunteers to enable us to extend our programme of PP talks and training to the general public, health professionals and students;
- Extend our website information and multi-media content, with the help of volunteers and service user research consultants working with world-leading academic and health professional experts on Postpartum Psychosis;
- Support and enable fundraising volunteers to hold more local and national fundraising events.
We urgently need to secure further income to enable us to do this. Every £ raised helps APP continue our vital work. There are many ways you can help from making a one-off or monthly personal donation to APP to organising a fundraising event in your local area. Please get in touch if you have a great idea or a great contact who could help us raise funds.
Thank you for your support,
Dr Jessica Heron
Director, Action on Postpartum Psychosis
Find out how our supporters have been helping raise funds for us.