"Writing down your own experience and reading others can be incredibly helpful during recovery and in processing what has happened."
On this page
- Ways to share your story
- Raise awareness
Ways to share your story
You can share your story in a variety of ways. Different things will feel right for different people. You may want to:
- get involved in our peer support social groups;
- share your story on your social media page or blog (and tag APP);
- post your story on our peer support forum;
- tell your story as part of a talk to healthcare professionals, as a regional rep volunteer;
- tell your story as part of a fundraising project or event, or
- become one of our experts by experience, sharing your experience and helping develop training for health professionals.
Email us at email@example.com to get involved.
We are keen to share stories that depict a range of different experiences, specifically to help us reach and raise awareness in areas of the UK that are currently under-represented, and with particular groups to ensure we are reflecting the diversity of the communities we support.
We might also ask if we can share your story where it might support a specific
project or campaign. If we contact you about sharing your story via APP, or if there is any potential for media involvement, we will give you any support you need.
There are lots of ways to help us raise awareness of PP – one easy way is to like and share APP’s social media posts and news stories. You can find and follow us on social media at the platforms below: