There are so many ways you can challenge yourself for APP in 2023 – from skydives and bungee jumps to inflatable obstacle fun runs, marathons, duathlons, ultras, cycle rides and so much more!
You could get a group of friends, family or colleagues together and complete an event as a team, or go solo and take on a personal challenge.
We now have access to hundreds of races, fun runs, jumps, rides and other events all over the country (and even overseas if you fancy it!)
Here’s a few ideas to get you thinking…
- Winter Warmer runs – 5k, 10k and half marathon options taking place throughout February in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Newcastle, Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leeds, Richmond, Milton Keynes.
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 10k or half marathon – 5th March - a road closed half marathon and 10k starts and finishes at the home of the 2012 London Olympics.
- Colchester Zoo Stampede 10k – 14th May - a unique opportunity to run a 10k that starts in the heart of the Zoo - between the rhinos, elephants, giraffes and zebras!
- Hull Half Marathon - 11th June - This new half marathon features a thrilling city centre start and finish and a largely flat course, offering great PB potential.
- ASICS London 10k – 9th July - Dash past iconic central London sights Big Ben, the London Eye and the River Thames in a 10K race to remember.
- Hillsborough Castle & Gardens Running Festival 5k and 10K – 24th July - one for our supporters in Northern Ireland, a closed roads event starting and finishing within the beautiful grounds of Hillsborough Castle.
Sarah, who completed the Royal Parks Half Marathon for APP last October said "I wanted the challenge of getting fitter, losing a bit of weight and regular running for good mental health. What better way to achieve this than the challenge of a half marathon to raise money for APP, a charity very close to my heart. Two birds with one stone!"
Fancy a full length marathon?
We have access to places in loads of marathons including Barcelona, Brighton, Paris, Newport, Goodwood Motor Circuit, Manchester, Amsterdam, Leeds, Edinburgh, Chester and Yorkshire.
Debbie ran the London Marathon for APP in 2022 and had this to say about it: "The marathon was an amazing experience, one which is hard to describe due to all the highlights – from the support from family and friends, the other runners and the huge crowds shouting everyone's name to the feeling of achievement and thankfulness that it was over It was fab to see APP in the crowds supporting my fundraising and to meet Fliss afterwards with another medal. If you doubt your abilities to be able to take part in a challenge – just do it – you can do amazing things."
Cycling more your thing?
Brighton Marathon Bike Ride 2nd April - BM Ride 50km flat ride taking place on closed roads in the centre of Brighton & Hove – suitable for all levels and family friendly!
La Grande Aventure Cycle - 14th June ‐ 18th June - Amsterdam to Lille - Cycle for 4 days, across 3 countries, covering 225 miles, for 1 great cause.
Alice (pictured above) took on a massive challenge for APP in 2022 - she says: “Last year I completed five triathlons in support of APP, finishing with an Olympic distance at the London Tri. The experience of the support and hugging my daughter at the end and being reminded how far I’ve come in recovery was incredible.”
Bungee - For anyone feeling brave enough, there are bungee jumps available throughout the year and in beautiful locations over the country - Whitby, Windsor, Bristol, Rotherham, Battersea, Cambridge, Salford, Tatton Park, Brighton, Glasgow, Birmingham.
Skydive - Fancy jumping out of a plane at 10,000ft?! Skydives take place throughout the year all over the UK – locations include St Andrews, Auchterarder, Errol, Coleraine, Swansea, Bridlington, Brigg, Durham, Lancaster, Grange-Over-Sands, Nottingham, Whitchurch, Cambridgeshire, Norwich, Brackley, Maidstone, Salisbury, Old Sarum, Honiton and Cornwall.
Katie, who completed a skydive for us last year said: 'It was absolutely amazing and you must do it once in a lifetime!'
Inflatable Fun Runs – 2.5k, 5k, 10k and 15k fun runs around a course involving 17 massive bouncy obstacles! One all the family can join in with. Events take place between April and October in Exeter, Guildford, Kent, Towcester, Leeds, St Albans, Bristol, Southampton, Wolverhampton, Cheshire, West Sussex, Edinburgh, Lincoln, Norfolk, Huntingdon, Warwickshire.
These are just a few of the hundreds of races and activities we have access to – or of course you can come up with your own challenge as part of our Miles for Mums and Babies campaign.
Registration fees and fundraising targets vary depending on the event, so let us know if you’re interested in any of these and we’ll give you the full details.
Got an idea already, ready to sign up, or want us to inspire you?
Contact email@example.com – we’re here to support you through your training and to help you reach your fundraising goals.